As you decide to invest a particular amount of money for marketing, it is important that the following investments would be profitably rewarding for your restaurant. For every investment (including marketing) is essential to create a few smart decisions. Planning is the major step for growing and keeping all catering facilities, whether you’re restaurant is exclusive or just a small business.
A lot of restaurant owners and managers make an annual marketing game plan in advance, following the yearly. Every restaurant owner and manager will not deny that using the media, local newspapers, and television channels can really rip you off. However, we have to do it to make sure we exhaust every opportunity to advertise your business. With the rapid development of technology and the escalating use of the internet as a primary source of information, you shouldn’t miss this opportunity to use it to market your BBQ restaurant.
DOES E-MAIL MARKETING STILL WORK?
Not all restaurants owners know that they can use e-mail marketing to promote their restaurant. Why should you use it? Simple, personality. The e-mails you send to your customers offer regular and direct communication with your diners. Here are some of the other good reasons why you should use e-mail marketing:
- Compared to other advertising methods, sending e-mails is way cheaper.
- E-mails can be sent whenever or wherever you are.
- They can sit in your inbox until the e-mails are opened.
- It’s a great way to build a direct communication with your customers.
To answer the question, it doesn’t just work, e-mail marketing is also extremely effective.
E-MAIL MARKETING VS. SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
Before social media marketing became popular, the communication between the owners of the restaurants and the customers is quite simple. Today, we see how social media affects every aspect of our lives, including businesses such as restaurants. And because of its popularity, it seems people have forgotten e-mail marketing. But you’re wrong, it is still breathing. Yes, social media marketing is a trendy method of promoting one’s business, but it doesn’t mean that people don’t check their e-mails.
SO, HOW DO I USE IT?
- Build a database of your costumers by gathering certain information including their email addresses.
- Use your website to provide your customers the option to subscribe with their e-mail address and receive e-mail newsletters from your restaurant.
- Do not include them in your database, unless you have their consent. This is completely rude, and can lead to legal suits.
- Target a certain population for email marketing, by providing different types of e-mails for various groups of people.
- Choose a reliable marketing services, such as Mail Chimp and Fishbowl.
- Connect with your guests, so that they will come back to your restaurant.
- Research about your customers by asking questions such as, what do they like about your restaurant? Do they want something to be changed? Do they like the grilled food with an offset?
- Do not flood your customers with e-mails.
- Keep an interesting email subject line.